An eclectic blog about beads, beading and beyond



Sunday, June 7, 2009

Extreme beading with an extreme metal rock star


At the moment a fair share of my beading happens on airoplanes. My latest bracelet is quite a departure for me - I am using peyote stitch (my favourite beadweaving stitch) to create triangles, squares and oblongs that make for dramatic and fun beaded shapes. The beginning of this was on a trip back from Los Angeles in which I found myself seated next to an extreme metal star - David from Morbid Angel. Not sure if it was his influence or not but this bracelet just become more extremely holey than any other I had made. He thought the beading 'cool'. I think it hot and zingy and have listed it on Esty and inspired by its success am on the way to more holey hot and zingy bracelets with brooches on the way.

No comments:

Dax Designs - now on Byhand.me Artisan Co-op