An eclectic blog about beads, beading and beyond



Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beads in your dreams - what does it all mean?



Did you know that beads appear in dream interpretation guides. In Ten Thousand Dreams Interpreted by Gustavus Hindman Miller dreaming about beads can mean that you are about to be noticed by those more powerful than you. It's not clear whether or not that is a good thing but stringing them certainly is. It means rewards from those richer than you are on the way. Counting beads in your dreams is definitely a good omen. You will have joy, calmness and contentment in your life. However, as all beaders know scattering beads brings neither. In your dreams, it can mean you are about to loose favour with those around you. For Jungian's round beads symbolize balance and harmony and suggest the foundations are being layed for success and balance in life. So, as in our waking moments beads in our dreams can bring joy, success, balance, harmony, attention and good fortune but just don't drop them!

Of course, these guides to dream interpretation are just for fun, not guides for decision-making in your life.

Sources:

6 comments:

The Beading Gem said...

Fascinating post! I wish I knew what it means if one has a strong urge to keep buying beads besides the obvious bead addiction!

beadsandblooms said...

Interesting stuff! I've always been fascinated by dream interpretations.

BeadsForever said...

I can't recall dreaming about beads, but I do know that I often fall asleep or wake up thinking about them. :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

very interesting post! I dream about beads all the time.

Dawn N said...

Very interesting. This type of stuff fascinates me. Unfortunately I stopped remembering my dreams years ago, before my beading days :(

Enchanted said...

Lovely insight to our beads in our dreams! Thank you for sharing!

Dax Designs - now on Byhand.me Artisan Co-op